MEDICARE AND INSURANCE:
We only file for Medicare and Tricare insurance plans. With Medicare Alternative plans, we charge the patient the full amount of the Medicare rate. If the patient has a secondary insurance plan in addition to Medicare or Tricare, the patient must set up the crosswalk between their insurance plans. Our office staff is unable to do this on behalf of the patient. If a service is not covered by Medicare or Tricare, the patient must pay out of pocket at the time of service.
All other patients who do not have Medicare or Tricare must pay out of pocket for all services rendered at the time of service. We will provide them with the appropriate documentation for them to file with their insurance for reimbursement. At this time our staff is unable to file insurance on behalf of patients.
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) may cover HBO therapy if you have one of these conditions:
- Acute carbon monoxide intoxication
- Decompression illness
- Gas embolism
- Gas gangrene
- Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Crush injuries and suturing of severed limbs
- Progressive necrotizing infections
- Acute peripheral arterial insufficiency
- Preparation and preservation of compromised skin grafts
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis, unresponsive to conventional medical and surgical management
- Osteoradionecrosis as an adjunct to conventional treatment
- Soft tissue radionecrosis as an adjunct to conventional treatment
- Cyanide poisoning
- Actinomycosis, only as an adjunct to conventional therapy when the disease process is refractory to antibiotics and surgical treatment
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremities if all of these apply:
- You have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and have a lower extremity wound that’s due to diabetes.
- You have a wound classified as Wagner grade III or higher.
- You’ve failed an adequate course of standard wound therapy.
You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the Part B deductible may apply.
You may need to get prior authorization for Medicare hyperbaric oxygen therapy coverage if these apply:
- You get non-emergency HBO therapy.
- You get the therapy from a facility in Illinois, Michigan, or New Jersey.
You or your facility may send a request for prior authorization to Medicare to cover the cost of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before you get these services. To do this, you must submit medical records to show that the HBO therapy is medically necessary. A Medicare contractor will review the information. Medicare will cover these services if the contractor decides that the services are medically necessary. For more information, call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
This information was taken from the Medicare official website. Please visit them here to get the most up-to-date information.
PAYMENT FORMS ACCEPTED:
- Credit (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express)
RETURNS AND REFUNDS:
There are no returns or refunds of any kind on lab work or lab kits. All unopened supplements may be returned within 30 days of purchase.